The Adventures of Doris

The Adventures of Doris

Sunday 2 September 2012

Jurby Festival

Suitably refreshed after a couple of hours sleep, I decided to nip to the local shop for some breakfast stuff. I stocked up on milk, coffee and biscuits, then headed back to spark up the stove and make a brew. Ah yes, I then remembered that I'd run out of room when packing and Rob had the pan set in his luggage but wasn't arriving till tonight! Never mind, a glass of milk and some Hob-Nobs made a decent breakfast!

Then I decided to have a quick shower - errrmmm yes, Rob also has my towel.......

So I gave up and followed every other bike on the island to Jurby Airfield to see the Jurby festival. The weather was fantastic and it would have been a good day just browsing round the car park to be honest -seeing so many classic and historic bikes out on track was a bonus! I also had THE BEST bacon and sausage bap ever from one of the stalls....

A very small part of the bike park at Jurby

Nice pair of XBR 500s - my next project (currently in bits!)

Ryan Farquhar trying out a speedway bike for size
Michael Dunlop and Dan Knean -
the beginning of a new sidecar pairing?


Remember Clarkson in this? It's TINY!

One of my favourite bikes - Honda 350/4

After Jurby, I headed back for a look round Peel in the sun and an ice cream on the prom!

Doris at Peel Harbour


No comments:

Post a Comment